The production of the BA-10 armored
car started in 1938. The BA-10 was
manufactured on the basis of GAZ-AAA
three-axle truck. The body consisted
of rolled armor plates. The rear hull
was equipped with a turret with 45-mm
gun paired with 7.62-mm machinegun.
7.62-mm DT machinegun was mounted
next to the driver. The crew consisted
of 4 men. BA-10s were widely
used by the Soviet Army during the War
with Finland in 1940 and on the Eastern
Front in the beginning of World
War II. The German Army captured a great
number of BA-10 and used them as command
and scouting vehicles.